Diliman Network (DilNet) Project
The Diliman Network (DilNet) projects are network interconnectivity projects that started way back 1995. Since then, the Computer Center has spearheaded more than seven iterations of the project, each committed to providing fast and reliable LAN and WAN connectivity to its constituents:
- DILNET 1 (1995) – Connected the Computer Center to Melchor Hall, German Yia Hall, National Engineering Center, Main Library, Palma Hall Annex and the Natural Sciences Research Center via underground fiber optic cable.
- DILNET 2 (1996) – Connected 30 more buildings to the Computer Center via underground fiber optic cable.
- DILNET 3 (2000) – Intra-premises cabling on key buildings across the campus.
- DILNET 4 – Backbone and premises cabling on Palma Hall, Melchor Hall, Office of Admissions, Main Library, CIDS, etc.
- DILNET to Dormitories (2008) – connected the Computer Center to Kalayaan, Ilang-Ilang, International Center, Ipil, Molave, Sanggumay and Yakal Residence Halls as well as EEE Institute to Kamia and Sampaguita Residence Halls via fiber optic cable.
- eUP Fiber Optic Backbone Project (2012) – funded by the eUP Project, aims to interconnect the Computer Center to ASTI-DOST, CSRC, EEEI, Engineering Library, Executive House, Quezon Hall, Vidal Tan Hall and UP Theater via singlemode fiber optic cable, enabling 10-gigabit connectivity to these buildings.
- eUP Fiber Optic Modernization Project (2016 – in progress) – funded by the eUP project, aims to upgrade and append fiber optic connectivity to 14 key buildings across the Diliman Campus, most notably at the National Science Complex.
- DILNET Fiber Optic Project (2016 – in progress) – Upgrade and append singlmode fiber optic cabling to 33 buildings across the campus.
Since the introduction of WiFi technology in the early 2000s, the Computer Center has also been actively deploying WiFi hotspots all over the campus. From just six hotspots in 2006, UP Diliman now has over 300 access points deployed at key locations.
Diliman Network (DilNet) Helpdesk
The Diliman Network (DilNet) Helpdesk was established to provide technical support to the services that the Computer Center maintains. It is composed of a team of full-time Computer Center employees as well as part-time Student Assistants. The main task of the Helpdesk is to address network-related problems within the Diliman Network, in addition to assisting students, faculty and staff in their inquiries.
Do you have questions for the DilNet Helpdesk? Feel free to send us an email or give us a call. For inquiries, you can reach us thru the following: